Location: 870 Jim Thorpe Road, Carlisle Barracks PA
Hours: 0700-1700 Monday to Friday
Phone: 717-245-3721 /
245-3733 / 245-3725
Commercial Truck Access
All trucks 5-ton or larger must use the dedicated truck inspection point at the Claremont Gate Access Control Point prior to entering the post. Trucks will be subject to a vehicle inspection. Drivers to include all passengers must submit Carlisle Barracks Form 228, Installation Access Application and will undergo a background check before being issued an Installation Access Control Pass. Once approved, passes will be available at the Claremont Gate Access Control Point. If you will need access exceeding 30 days you will need to have your Contracting Officer Representative (COR) or Government Employee Sponsor (GES) sign off on your Installation Access Control Application.
How to Submit Carlisle Barracks Form 228, Installation Access Application
There are three methods you can use to submit Carlisle Barracks Form 228, Installation Access Application. You can submit your application up to 30 days in advance.
- Bring your completed Carlisle Barracks Form 228 with you to the Claremont Gate Access Control Point.
- Have your Government Sponsor provide it to the Visitor Center.
- Facsimile (FAX) – This method is transmitted unsecured, however, once received your information is protected by DES personnel.
Start by downloading Carlisle Barracks Form 228. You can save the form to your computer and fill it out digitally, or print the form and complete it. For faxing, please include the required cover sheet.
- Download FAX cover sheet at: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/forms/eforms/dd2923.pdf
- FAX the cover sheet and Carlisle Barracks Form 228 to: 717-245-3750