Carlisle Barracks Army Housing Office
Shughart Hall, Building 460 Sumner Road
Carlisle Barracks, PA 17013

The Housing Division is responsible for providing quality management and oversight of all housing programs including the Residential Communities Office (RCO), Unaccompanied Enlisted Personnel Housing (UEPH) and Housing Services Office (HSO) to ensure adequate housing is provided for all Military, DoD Civilians and families at Carlisle Barracks.

Our Office Hours are Monday-Friday 0730-1630

Chief, Housing Division
717-245-4951 DSN 242-4951

Housing Services Office Management Assistant
717-245-4959 DSN 242-4959

Residential Communities Management Assistant
717-245-4823 DSN 242-4823

Office Email

Office FAX: (717) 245 3446

For more information regarding housing programs please visit: Army Housing Online Services (AHOUS) at https://www.housing.army.mil/.

On Post Family Housing

Army Housing transferred all Family housing assets and day-to-day operations to our privatized partner, Balfour Beatty Communities (BBC) in 2006. BBC is now responsible for the operation and maintenance of family housing at Carlisle Barracks. They are located in the Delaney Field Club House, Building 451 Fletcher Road, Carlisle Barracks. BBC Property Management Office hours are Monday - Friday, 0730 - 1630. You can contact BBC at 717-243-7177. This number is also used to contact their service order/work order desk, during normal business hours. BBC engages an answering service on this same line after duty hours to handle emergencies. Visit the Balfour Beatty Communities website at www.carlislebarrackshomes.com.

Unaccompanied Enlisted Personnel Housing (UEPH)

The Army Housing Office is responsible for assigning adequate space to single Soldiers in pay grades E1-E5. Orders and duty telephone number are required for in-processing. There is one UEPH facility which was constructed in 2002. In accordance with recent changes in Army policy, incoming single Soldiers in the grade of E6 will be authorized basic allowance for housing (BAH) at the without dependent rate and may reside off post. Additionally, geographical bachelors (Soldiers entitled to BAH at the "with dependent" rate, who are voluntarily separated from their family members) are not authorized assignment to permanent party UEPH.


The Housing Services Office (HSO) provides a broad array of services to military and civilian personnel. The HSO office maintains a list of available home listings for rent or purchase. We can assist you with temporary lodging, an overview of community resources and amenities, provide maps, school information and other community service information. We provide desk spaces and telephones for your use and are able to give you information about the housing market at your next duty station. Military personnel reporting for duty to Carlisle Barracks are REQUIRED to contact the Army Housing Services Office (HSO) at Shughart Hall, Building 460 Sumner Road or contact us by email prior to seeking off-post rental housing.

Looking to Rent or Buy?

Information on off-post housing may be found on the Automated Housing Referral Network website www.AHRN.com; www.militarybyowner.com; www.trulia.com or at www.zillow.com where listings include available community rentals, military housing, shared rentals, temporary lodging and military for sale by owner (FSBO) listings. You may also contact the Army Housing Services Office (HSO) directly for personal assistance by email at usarmy.carlisle.imcom-atlantic.mbx.imne-clb-pwh@mail.mil or
Phone Commercial 717 245-4959/4823/4951 or DSN -242-4959/4823/4951.